Tuesday, June 19, 2012

whew...that was long...

The last four days without Jesse crept along a little more slowly than I expected. Although we don’t see him during his workdays here, it’s amazing what a difference our few evening hours with him make. And, to make matters more challenging, Eli has been the most rowdy yet over the last couple of days. Often, he gets this way just before getting sick so I’m praying that this is not the case. We did get to know some of the other families a little better over the weekend…we enjoyed some yummy meals with them…some good playground time….and a nice trip to the aquarium yesterday. Thankfully, we haven’t run into any major language barriers among us and all seem to get along well. There are two guys here that are keeping their little ones while their wives participate in the program so it’s nice to have males along as we travel around. E and I took the car out today for a quick trip to the grocery store. The driving wasn’t as difficult as I thought it would be but I did at one point get the cold sweat “what in the WORLD am I doing right now…I have NO business doing this” feeling. With the exception of that moment, getting my first drive over with was a big relief. One thing’s for sure…I’m a girl who depends on her wheels! Here are some aquarium pics…



I really missed wishing everyone back home a happy Father’s Day on Sunday. I’m thankful to share life with so many awesome Daddies and I hope you all had a wonderful day. E and I spent the first part of our day at Hillsong Church, which I mentioned in an earlier post, and it was amazing. It was a little overwhelming at first because it’s a really large facility, it was packed full of strangers, and I had to be apart from E for a while. To my surprise, he did well and I was able to enjoy the entire service. Next week, they will be having an “I love my church” celebration in honor of their 4 year anniversary so I’m really, really looking forward to that! When I first heard of Hillsong here, I was completely forgetting that I’d heard of them before…particularly their music. I actually have a beautiful song by them on my ipad. If you haven’t heard them, you should definitely check them out. Of course, all of the music won’t be from the Cape Town church as they have different locations, but all that I’ve heard from them is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment