Saturday, June 16, 2012

home alone...

I guess I should say “home away from home” alone. Jesse and the other participants had to leave early this morning for a four-day retreat away from the office and their families. If they’d asked me, I would have suggested that our retreat to SA was enough, but then, they didn't :-) I have to confess that earlier in the week I was beginning to get a little aggravated at the thought, but I eventually decided I might as well make the best of it. I’m trying to see it as a time for those of us left behind to get to know each other better. Today, we met up with some of them for lunch and we’ve made plans for the next few days so I feel pretty good about the situation. I talked with my Mama for a while this morning and she’s set to come visit for a week in late July which makes me really, really happy! I’ve always known it, but this trip has re-affirmed (is that a real word?) for me that God has given to me two of the most special parents on the planet. They are both making pretty big sacrifices of their time and money to come see us. I’ve got to spend some time practicing behind the wheel so that I can tour them around. Tomorrow, E and I are going to check out what seems to be a great church here in Cape Town, called Hillsong, so that should be fun. It’s just a short walk from our place. Here are some pics from our day yesterday…we made one of our stops at Boulder Beach, where there are lots of penguins. We’ll probably be making our way back there a few more times :-)


Images © of CA :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment