Thursday, June 21, 2012

our geezer is fixed…our geezer is fixed!

Technically, I think it’s spelled geyser, but the locals pronounce it geezer when referring to our hot water heater :-) And, for the past two days our poor geezer has been giving us lots of trouble. In the end, it resulted in us losing power at several points and me almost losing my mind. Today, I’m so thankful that the problem seems to be cleared up and we can continue around here as normal.

The last couple of days have been pretty uneventful and we’ve mostly stayed around our place. PWC hosted a resiliency session for the families yesterday, and while it was really kind of them to think of us, the situation was quite comical. Picture a guy named Sven lecturing for two hours about research related to a healthy diet, healthy sleep patterns, relaxation techniques, etc. while children (including my incredibly wild little man) were wandering freely around the very small conference room with markers in their hands. Needless to say, E and I made it through less than half of the session. I’m hoping I soaked up enough info. to survive from here on out :-)

This morning, E and I headed to a lion park in an area called Drakenstein with Phil, Steve and their children. There were numerous lions there that have been rescued from abusive situations, including a female that they feel sure is the oldest lion in the world…she’s 21! Our favorite part was when they would roar back and forth with one another…I have a really neat video of it, but it takes forever to load videos here...maybe later :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment