Tuesday, June 5, 2012

t is for thomas, tweetie, and time's almost up...

So...we're down to our last three days at home and my nails are more nubby than ever. These are not good times for a nail-biting girl! Today was my last day of work and I'll spend the next couple of days packing. We've already said our good-byes with lots of people and it was more difficult than I thought. It's so funny how comforting it is just to know that people are near by even if you don't see them all of the time. The mix of emotions is even stronger for me now than before but in the midst of it all, I have a peace and know that our God is going with us and will take great of us. Please...prayer warriors continue to pray...especially for Friday...for safe travels and no nervous breakdowns :-) Also...please pray for my family. They are used to spending lots and lots of time with E, so this will be quite the adjustment for them. And...lastly, please begin to pray that my Daddy will have safe travels when he comes to visit us in early July....Yipee!...he's gonna stay with us for 17 days!

I heard a message on the radio today about loneliness and it made me think of how different this situation would be if we didn't have so many wonderful people to say good-bye to and for that I am SO thankful. When I get afraid and think that August seems so far away, I remember how fun it will be to see everyone when we get back! We have had numerous people offer to do something to help out while we're gone and people who were so kind to let us borrow luggage and other items for the flight. Thank you to all of you sweet, sweet friends!

This past Sunday we spent the day with my family and Thomas at Tweetsie. It was such nice weather and so much fun! I wanted to take E one more time while he's still free! If you have small kids and haven't been to Tweetsie yet, consider it. It's such a nice place to spend the day. Here are some pics...



I'm also super excited about my new Smashbook that I purchased this past weekend! It basically provides an easy and informal way to scrap book your memories, thoughts, etc. and there are so many cool little knick-knacks that you can get to go along with it! I know...I know...I'm definitely a little strange for getting so excited about this but...if you're also a paper junkie and want to join me in this madness, google them. They're made by K & Company. I think these would make great gifts too!

No comments:

Post a Comment