Sunday, January 1, 2012

a trip to the market and through the woods...

I've been wanting to visit the WNC farmer's market in Asheville for a while now. On Friday, Jesse and I headed up there to check it out. They had lots of great fresh produce, canned goodies, and homemade crafts. I can imagine that it is an incredible place to go when all of the yummy fruits are in season! After being at the market for a while, we headed into downtown to try out a new place for lunch and walk around a bit. We ate at a place called The Lab. I had a burger that was topped with bleu cheese crumbles, caramelized onions and au poivre sauce. I ordered the brussel sprouts as my side. Every bit of it was spectacular! I highly recommend it!
(I didn't take this pic, but this is The Lab)

Our market finds...I was so excited about the green tomato pickles and pickled beets...Jesse not so much. Guess I'll just have to enjoy them all by myself ;-)
These nifty little things are flowers made from pumpkin and mustard seeds. They also had brooches made out of the same flowers...they were too cute!

Yesterday, Eli and I spent some time out by the R. Y. McAden River. We enjoyed a Chick-fil-a picnic on some logs, found lots of cool trees and plants, and soaked up some beautiful sunshine. It was a perfect day! It was a great reminder that in the new year, I really want to spend more time appreciating God's creation! Here are some pics of our fun on the trail...


Waterfront dining :-)




At times, E very much resembled Mowbli from the Jungle Book :-)
Mission accomplished

No comments:

Post a Comment