Wednesday, January 11, 2012

in the boonies...

Wow...this week has really been a hard return to reality after a great weekend in Boone. On Friday, myself and several of my favorite girlfriends headed up the hill for some much needed R&R. My friend Kristen was gracious to let us stay at her family's mountain house where we had tons of space and beautiful views! I'd say we definitely packed as much fun as we possibly could into the weekend...we shopped, played games, watched a movie, danced, cooked, ate lots of yummy food, talked, and laughed until we were sore.

Leslie, who is also a cousin of mine, will be leaving us soon to live overseas for at least a few years. Our weekend get-away was perfect in that we got to spend some quality time with her before she leaves. I know we'll all miss her bunches, but I also know that we're all really excited to hear about the great things in store for her and her family while they're away.

When we were on our way home on Sunday, I kept thinking to myself how so very grateful I am to have this incredible group of girlfriends in my life. Most all of us have been together since elementary school, so we've stuck together through a lot. After all of these years, I'd have to say that our times together just seem to be getting better and better....I'm looking forward to many, many more :-)

L to R: Whitney, Susie, Kendra, Stacy, Leslie, Me, Kristen








No comments:

Post a Comment