Thursday, April 5, 2012

sweet talk...

Tonight, Eli had his first real telephone coversation...it was with his Pop (my Daddy). It was the sweetest thing to hear him talking back and forth with his Pop about things that matter the most...you know...trucks, windshield wipers, and fixing sinks :-) This time, unlike every other time, I didn't have to tell him anything to say...I just sat back, drove and enjoyed. If I hadn't been behind the wheel, I would have grabbed my phone and recorded every bit of it so that I could listen to it over and over again! The conversation went something like this...

Hey Pop...whatcha' doin, Pop? Uh-huh...uh-huh...yep. Put new flowers on stage (for grave) day (today)...and water. Uh-huh...uh-huh. Not raining here...uh-huh. Be careful drivin', Pop...turn wipers on. Uh-huh. What color wipers, Pop? Back (black). Driving...mall with Mommy. Uh-huh...yep. You know car with top that go up and down? Boke (broke). Uh-huh. Sink boke too. Eli and Daddy fix it like this, Pop (puts phone down and demonstrates with hands)...See, Pop?


Had to type it out...don't want to ever forget it ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment