Wednesday, April 11, 2012

easter number three for e...

I don't know that I've ever experienced a more beautiful Easter weekend than this one. The sun was bright and the cool breeze was amazing. It was the perfect setting for celebrating such a special day! After some eye-dying fun with Eli, Jesse and I enjoyed the evening of Good Friday on the water in the moonlight~ a moonlight kayaking trip on Lake Wylie. Being on the calm water under the huge moon was something unlike anything I've done before. It was a nice, relaxing evening. On Saturday, we spent some time playing outside and took Eli to the McA egg hunt. It's always a fun time for the kids in town, but I must say that the Easter bunnies were a bit creepy this year (and, notice I said bunnies...who knew that there were two?) On Saturday night, Jesse and I went with my Dad and a couple of other family members for Elevation Church's Easter service. It was a great service and presented the resurrection message in a way that I've never heard, which was great. If you haven't heard any of Pastor Steven Furtick's messages, you should check them out here... www.elevationchurch.org. On Sunday, we woke up to special treats left by the Easter Bunny and headed to church. At church, we had our annual egg hunt and then headed to Maw-maws. There, we enjoyed good eats...more egg hunting...and more good eats :)

He really wanted to slam dunk the eggs...
Serious hunter...
See what I mean?
First glimpse of his treats~ so sweet :)
Bedhead...
Silly Daddy...
On a mission...
I love this one :)
On your mark, get set, whistle...

1 comment: