Thursday, April 28, 2011

for my little egg-lovin' man...

One thing that I got to do a little more of over Spring break was cooking. I really love to cook, but not when I have to or when I'm in a hurry. So, last week provided the perfect cooking conditions for me : ) Eli LOVES eggs, and quite honestly, I start feeling bad about just sitting a plate full of scrambled eggs in front of him. Not that that's bad...don't want to step on any toes here...but I really wanted to spice it up a little. So, when I saw this recipe in my parenting magazine this month, I got pretty excited. Frittatas! Is it bad that I now get excited over little things like this? Honestly, I don't know that I had ever heard the term "frittata" before I noticed the recipe. Apparently, it's the term for an egg-based dish similar to an omelet or quiche. I ended up preparing these with turkey pepperoni, chopped broccoli and mozzarella cheese. I know, kind of an odd combination, but these are some of E's favorites. I was really happy with how simple the recipe was and how quickly they were devoured by my little man. I think I'll be making many more in the days to come!

I'm posting some pics of the final product and a picture that I took of the recipe : ) There were also good tips for different ingredients to add. Because my muffin pan was missing in action, I had to resort to my silicone baking cups that I've had for years now and never used. I've heard lots of people talk about how great they are, but for some reason, I have always forgotten that I have them. I now agree...they are wonderful for a no-mess bake! Don't think I'll be forgetting about them anymore : )





No comments:

Post a Comment