Monday, August 27, 2012

see ya later...

After about four hours of straightening and packing, I'm finally kicking up my feet and taking a second to type. It's after midnight here. We're getting ready to sleep our last night in Cape Town and I'm really sad about it. And, it's strange...if you'd asked me three months ago how I'd feel on the last night...I feel sure I wouldn't have described it this way. I considered a few different titles for this post..."the end", "the last days", etc...just didn't work. I think most of us that have been here together agree that this just can't be it...the end. So, for now, it's a "see ya later". In face, I've already got a couple of future trips in mind ;-) So...to you, my Cape Town friends, it's been a pleasure to share in this journey with you. I'm taking home so many priceless memories that I have you to thank for. I'm praying for safe travels for each of you and that the days between now and the time that I'll see you again will be few
:-) Much love to you all!

Now...to those of you back home...we're coming whether you like it or not. And, the fact that I'm sad about leaving absolutely does not mean that I haven't missed you like crazy, because I absolutely have. And, you know what this means, don't you? The fact that I haven't seen you in three months means that we've got a lot of making up to do ;-) Please pray for us as we travel so far again...Love to you all, too!

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to catching up. A girls' night is a must!! Be safe. Love you!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete