Monday, July 23, 2012

just call us the bravehearts...

we've had a really great second week of my Daddy being here. Several of the days were gorgeous weather-wise so we hung out on three different beaches and spent a good amount of time outside. We've also found ourselves being quite brave this week...very brave :-)
Here's a countdown of our top 5 risky adventures for the week...
#5- we went tobogganing! The park is called Cool Runnings and includes a tobogganing track that's 1.25 km long, which allowed us to be quite speedy. In fact, I got called out for going too fast :-)
#4- we aboarded the Jolly Roger Pirate ship! It was an hour-long cruise around the bay on an absolutely beautiful day. We were able to see the city from a different point of view and a huge whale swimming around near the ship. Eli enjoyed some face painting and I was captured by a pirate and tied up with rope (for the pirate show) before I knew what was happening...it was pretty embarassing but a kiss from Blackbeard made it a tish better ;-)
#3- we went ziplining! It's probably bad that this was my first ziplining experience because now I'm hooked and I'm afraid this trip will be hard to beat! The sliding itself was super fun, but watching Eli's face and hearing him cackle on the way down was priceless.
#2- I visited a hair salon here! I know, I know...it's kind of silly that this one is so close to the top of the list, but when it comes to a girl's hair, it's serious business ;-) Honestly, I was really nervous about it, but decided to take the plunge rather than live with inch-long black roots the rest of the trip. The salon turned out to be such a cozy and quaint place and the stylist was amazing. I was even treated to a homemade red velvet cupcake and a french-press coffee while I was there. It was so nice to get pampered for a couple of hours~ thanks to my sweet Daddy for letting me enjoy!
and...drum roll, please...#1- we took Eli to the movies for the first time! Yes...we did...and yes, I guess we're crazy. I told you we were being very brave, didn't I? On Saturday we got a good bit of rain and decided to try out the theatre for Ice Age 4. We were only able to make it through an hour before I feared that we'd get popcorn-bombed by our neighbors, but we had to try it at some point, right? And for those of you considering the movie, what I saw of it was really cute.

Today was our last day with Daddy, "Pop", here. E and I dropped him off at the airport just a couple of hours ago. I know it's only about 5 weeks until we see him again, but it was really hard saying goodbye and coming back to our place without him. It felt so good to have him here with us...I hope he enjoyed it as much as we did! Please pray for his safety in traveling home and remember my Mama as she'll be traveling to us this weekend! Can't wait to see her and share a week with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment