Wednesday, June 22, 2011

father's day & a new toy...


We celebrated Jesse's second Father's Day on Sunday with a trip to the Knights game. It was Eli's first baseball game and he seemed to really enjoy it for the first few innings. After that, though, he was ready for bigger and better things, like the carousel and bounce house :) On Sunday night, Jesse had to leave town to be in New York for the week. Having him away reminds me how much he means to me (and Eli) and how much he gives and sacrifices for us. It's nice to have times like this to remind me not to take things and people for granted...unfortunately I need these reminders fairly often.

So...since Eli and I are alone this week, (my grandparents and Dad are vacationing too), I've been trying to stay busy and entertaining. Last weekend, we bought Eli a balloon-powered boat at Books A Million. He and I tried it out the other day and I was pleasantly surprised. It works well and Eli seems to really like it! So...if you're looking for a simple, inexpensive toy that seems like it will last a while, check it out.

He was sooooo... funny and persistent with trying to blow up the balloon...


and...just couldn't keep those little hands out of the water : )

No comments:

Post a Comment